Professional Profile | * To be an influencing contributor with a progressive local company * To utilize my entrepreneurial spirit and creative initiative.
THE NEW SCHOOL | MA | Media Studies (2007-2010)
ABOUT: New School is a private institution that was founded in 1919. The New School for Social Research, this internationally renowned graduate school is where scholars are taught to understand the world around them in heterodox, intellectually rigorous ways, breaking with traditional modes of thinking. They build new knowledge through scholarly research, become critical and creative thinkers, and learn to grapple with the tensions of contemporary society.
PRATT INSTITUTE | BA | Interior Design (2003-2007)
ABOUT: Pratt Institute is a private institution that was founded in 1887. Pratt Institute's ranking in the 2016 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities (North), 18. The Pratt Institute is based on the principle of "Poetic Pragmatism," emphasizing balancing practical skills with an artistic vision in hopes of improving the world. Notable artists who have attended the Pratt Institute include William Van Alen, the architect of the Chrysler Building; fashion designer Betsey Johnson; and esteemed actor Robert Redford.
CRUMPLED*NAPKIN | Interior Design and Art Direction LLC | August 2014 - present
* Crumpled Napkin is a Interior Design & Art Direction Lifestyle company. Developing design solutions that meet the client's goals, needs, budget, and schedule.
* I am the founder and Principle designer. Excelling at creating purposeful interior/exterior environment concepts and materializing those unique ideas for clients.
* Large scale residential design services specializing in contemporary, smart minimalism.
* Communicate with confidence and authority to Chairmen/CEOs of Fortune 500 companies and high net worth individuals to meet business objectives.
* Management of architectural and interior documents in all phases.
* Effectively manage and direct vendors, contractors, purchase orders, contract negotiations and delivery.
* Post project styling and staging for magazine shoots and private estate sales.
LUMINAIRE | Coral Gables/Design District | Aug.2015-Aug.2016
* The only sales assistant that supported sales staff at both the flagship location in Coral Gables and Lab showroom in Design District.
* Managing sales staff's clients when they are out of the showroom.
* Maintain and elevate showroom standard of providing superior customer service.
* Manage chain of purchase: generating detailed quotes and invoices for new/existing clients.
* Processing payments, then applying to client internal record, and notifying client of purchase receipt. * Reconciling credit card batch at end of business day.
* Create floral arrangements twice a week (6-12 per showroom) that promoted the Luminaire vision using personally selected vases and accessories from the sales floor.
* Showcased company product through detailed client and inter-office presentations. New sales were generated through researching and presenting alternative furniture and accessory options than our competitors.
* Conceptualize event styling. Canvas local area for unique complimentary pieces for all events held at the Design District showroom. Executing the vision of the owner while collaborating with Luminaire architects and globally recognized designers. This included styling window, jewelry and wall displays, always working towards a cohesive point of view and client experience.
* Developing vendor relationships, and ensuring vendor-supplied information is accurate, currant and properly organized.
* Leadership was shown through developing and implementing a new system of maintaining samples, catalogs and price-lists. This improved the client experience by making the dissemination of product information more efficient and accurate.
* Maintain daily communication with Stock Clerk to ensure inventory accuracy and BOH controls are properly handled.
* Fielding new client calls to appreciate sales associates, ordering office supplies, fulfilling domestic/international shipment requests, wrapping accessories for clients.
CLUB MONACO | Visual Merchandiser | Nov.2014-Aug.2015 | Concept Store
Vital member of the lead visual merchandising team which opened this new concept store. The store's focus was their higher-end label, Club Monaco Collection and vintage luxury goods scouted from France.
* Assisted Store Experience Manager to create a dynamic sensory experience for clients by enhancing overall store environment, product presentation, through my attention to standardization of all visual elements and customer service.
* Created winning results through preforming bi-weekly or monthly store flips and superior execution of window changes. These changes always created an increased store sales the following business day.
* Generating larger sales through suggestive selling to clients through thorough knowledge of BOH inventory.
* Re-merchandising latest arrivals per directive from NYC corporate visual team, while integrating choice pieces with-in store to relieve stock.
* Excellent interpersonal skills while supporting a team small environment.
NUTRISOFT | Tech Start-Up | Owner & Coordinator or Mobile App Marketing | Oct.2013-July2015
* Coordinated the digital strategy for multiple mobile apps: advising on advertising and marketing while handling all national communications.
* Update and manage multiple platform Social Network accounts, following trends and forecasting the needs of the start-up.
* Create & execute press releases and all editorial content for externally facing websites that attracts results.
* Daily blogging using current events to tie-in our product and unique functionality. Created relevant topics for our followers to respond to via media networks.
* Contribute creative foundations for mobile functionality and design.
* Narrates initiatives of digital strategy team and managing coders.
* Evaluate outside project requests from clients and consumers.
APPILICIOUS APPS | Junior Software Developer | June.2010-Sept.2013
* Assisted president/founder in all aspects of app development process (life cycle) and creation of software aimed at users completing a task.
* Provide design consultation and research for all prototype applications.
* Brainstorm and digitally indicate program unit structure, and coordinate application plans with the development team.
* Test, debug and improve generally all software applications within portfolio.
* Respond to customer service tickets along with media inquires.
* Building business-to-business relations locally and nationally.
WEGMANS | Floral Design Associate | June.2010-July2011 |
* Purposed design background with Wegmans training to create floral arrangements for the sales floor and special orders.
* Manage BOH floral inventory, taking proper care the delicate product, set-up the sales floor for opening, merchandise the department ensuring that the environment reflects the highest flagship store standards.
* Provided incredible customer service by proactively approaching clients (along with phone orders), offering floral suggestions and care instructions. Developed many regular clients based upon my work.
* Succeded in working in a small team environment that was within a larger structure. And often was asked to work independently.
* Trust built from my performance, led to being the primary department closer.
* Selected to work with the Wegmans Organic Farm floral products.
ROTSEN DESIGN | Showroom Coordinator | Dec.2008-Apr.2009
High-End Brazilian Eco-Conscious Furniture Gallery
* Managed inventory and visual merchandising of the showroom. Assisted founder in creating successful in store events.
* Conceptualized and executed on marketing ideas that produced increased awareness of the company.
* Responsible for on-going creating client relationships. By researching and developing new business with target design firms in Miami, NYC, and the Hamptons.
* Directed catalog mailings, sought out local business for cold-calls, and relied upon to follow-up with architects and interior designers.
* Organized and tracked cargo between Brazil to Miami and throughout the US.
HOME MIAMI MAGAZINE | Publishing Intern | July2007-Mar.2008
Home Miami Magazine based in the Moore building in the Design District, focused on Mid-Century Modern Design, and Miami's historical design significance. Editor in Chief Beth Dunlop.
* Supported multiple areas of the publishing process in this small team.
* Created complete media kits for both HOME Miami and HOME Fort Lauderdale sales staff.
* Trained in the art of pagination, magazine distribution, and archival of previously published articles.
* Assisted layout editor and operations managers with proofing before going to print.
* Supported real estate contributor (and co-founder) Jim Baxter with location scoping and script.
AEROSMITH Band | Operations Associate | Sept.2005-Mar.2008 |
* I worked with the tour in various locations and remotely as need by the Tour Manager / Accountant Jim Pendolino.
* Primarily aiding in reconciling ticket lists for VIPs and their guests.
* Handling backstage passes.
* Researching tour venues and hotels, providing information needed for the Tour Accountant to negotiate hotel deals for the tour crew.